- FIXED: Some models would show the wrong menu options while in
- FIXED: USB modem page not displayed if WAN type was set to USB.
- FIXED: CVE-2017-12754 security issue.
- FIXED: Incorrect LAN ports order on Networkmap (RT-AC3200)
- FIXED: Extra OpenVPN CA not properly handled for OpenVPN
clients 3, 4 and 5.
- FIXED: Invalid txrate shown on Wireless Client page if client
isn't authenticated yet
- IMPORTANT: due to major webui changes, you will need to
either flush your browser cache, or force it
to reload the page (shift-reload) the first time
you access the webui after upgrading to 380.68.
- NEW: Merged GPL 380_7743 binary blobs for the RT-N66U.
- NEW: Backported Ethernet port status report on the Network Map
from GPL 382.
- NEW: Description field added to OpenVPN client configuration
- NEW: Added missing hash types to ipset_arm (Patch by john9527)
- NEW: Added hostname Busybox applet, used by some Entware packages
- NEW: Added TPROXY netfilter target module (ARM only)
- CHANGED: Switched webui menu generation code to GPL 382 code.
This new code is easier for me to maintain.
- CHANGED: Used webui menu icons from GPL 382.
- CHANGED: Re-organized VPN pages, merging some together.
- CHANGED: Reworked VPNStatus page, will now refresh itself every
5 seconds. It will also report a client's local
and public IP addresses.
- CHANGED: Re-designed webui interface for managing SSL
certificate. Added Upload button, and revamped
certificate info display (includes some backports
from GPL 382)
- CHANGED: Removed option to enable/disable persistent webui
certificate - they are now always persistent.
- CHANGED: Reworked Tools -> Sysinfo page, dynamic data will
refresh itself every 3 seconds, also port
ordering will be more consistent, and display based
on the new tableAPI from GPL 382.
- CHANGED: Backported system log page from GPL 382: moved logging
settings to it, added option to set a remote syslog
server's port, and shown log will auto refresh.
- CHANGED: Re-designed DHCP Lease log page to use the new
tableAPI, with sortable fields (defaults to IP sort)
- CHANGED: Do not alternate between ntp server from webui and
the one hardcoded in nvram - use webui one, unless
it's empty - then use the second server set in nvram.
- CHANGED: Moved App icon out of the notification area and into
the footer of the page, with other links.
- CHANGED: Updated Curl to 7.54.1
- CHANGED: Updated nano to 2.8.6
- CHANGED: Re-designed the way the Tor database gets backed up,
so it won't grow stale by never being updated.
- CHANGED: Define and forward a small range of ports
(57535-57565) for use for passive FTP (needed for
TLS over WAN).
- CHANGED: Reduce the amount of logging done while configuring
policy-based routing for an OpenVPN client when
using the default log verbosity level of 3.
- FIXED: Duplicate LAN port 1 shown for the RT-AC87U on
the Sysinfo page.
- FIXED: Port forward/UPNP issues with CTF enabled depending on
selected NAT loopback mode.
- FIXED: URL filtering wasn't working over IPv4.
- FIXED: OpenVPN instances could potentially start too early at
boot time (before clock was set)
- FIXED: When multiple OpenVPN clients are connected to the router,
their username wouldn't show as Connected.
- FIXED: Progress report would go to 200% if you changed a setting
and started or stopped an OpenVPN client or server.
- FIXED: Security issues CVE-2017-11344, CVE-2017-11345 and
CVE-2017-11420 in networkmap (patches by
Kilo Foxtrot Papa)
- FIXED: Webui self-generated certificate could sometime be
invalid due to a race condition between the SSL and
non-SSL httpd instances starting at the same time.
- FIXED: Tor would fail to start if there was a backed up
database in /jffs/.tordb, due to bad permissions.
- FIXED: SMB sharing without user authentication would fail if
router's admin username was changed from "admin"
- FIXED: SMB sharing without user authentication would cause
SMB2 to downgrade to SMB1.
- FIXED: 5GHz-2 would show an "undefined" channel on the
Wireless-> General and in the wifi popup if
5GHz-1 was disabled (Asus bug).
- NEW: Merged with GPL 380_7743 code, with binary blobs from
7378 for N66U
- NEW: Custom config support for quagga/ripd.
- NEW: Webui SSL certificate can now be saved so it gets reused
instead of a new one being constantly generated. It will
be stored under /jffs/ssl/, you can also easily provide
your own by storing cert.pem and key.pem in that location.
Settings to control this can be found under
Administration -> System.
- NEW: TLS support in vsftpd. Key and certs are automatically
generated, and can also be replaced by your own, as
ftp.key and ftp.crt under /jffs/ssl/
- NEW: fq_codel and configurable overhead support in Adaptive QoS.
- NEW: PEAP/MSCHAPv2 support via 802.1x on WAN interface, in
addition to existing MD5 support (patch by Rafi Khardalian)
- CHANGED: Remember chosen sort method on DHCP static reservations
- CHANGED: Updated minidlna to 1.2.0.
- CHANGED: Updated nano to 2.8.5.
- CHANGED: Updated openssl to 1.0.2l.
- CHANGED: Updated ipset (ARM) to 6.32.
- CHANGED: Upgraded from vsftpd 2.0.4 to 3.0.3. You might need to
revise any custom configuration you have done (if any).
- CHANGED: Moved SMB2 support switch to the main samba page.
- CHANGED: Optimized all webui images for size
- CHANGED: Tor now runs as a limited user instead of as root
- CHANGED: Limited number of supported OpenVPN clients to 2 on
the RT-AC3200, to save on nvram.
- CHANGED: Removed tweak that allowed to disable/enable bridge
multicast snooping, as Asus now disables it upstream
at the kernel level.
- FIXED: OpenVPN client would be shown as having failed to connect
if a reconnect attempt initially failed to authenticate,
but succesfully connected afterward.
- FIXED: Quagga's log could fill up RAM, reduced the amount of
logging generated by it.
- FIXED: NFS sometimes failing to start properly (patch by john9527)
- FIXED: Layout issue of the status bar under Chrome when window
is larger than 1800px (patch by Cyrus Dargahi)
- FIXED: UPNP and SNMP issues in Dual WAN mode.
- FIXED: NAT Loopback (merlin mode) in Dual WAN mode wasn't supported.
- FIXED: Internal and external port specifications were swapped in
miniupnpd's config file (Asus/Tomato bug)
- FIXED: Enabling policy-based routing for a client connecting to
a server that doesn't push a redirect-gateway would fail
to properly route traffic (for instance with StrongVPN)
- FIXED: Invalid port trigger rules when specifying a port range
(patch by John Bacho)
- FIXED: OpenVPN client with a password containing an "&" could get
corrupted when re-editing that client's config.
- FIXED: Some remote syslogd would choke on syslog entries sent by
the router if there were spaces in the tag parameter.
Removed spaces where this was the case.
- CHANGED: Updated dropbear to 2017.75
- FIXED: Security issue CVE-2017-7494 in Samba.
- FIXED: AiCloud fail to start on RT-N66U and RT-AC66U.
- FIXED: The generated key/cert for httpds and AiCloud could
sometimes be invalid due to a timing problem.
- NEW: Merged with GPL 380_7378
* Port forwards can select a specific source IP
* Security fixes for CVE-2017-5891, CVE-2017-5892
* If you are experiencing new wifi stability
issues, try disabling Airtime Fairness on
the Wireless -> Professional page (on all
- NEW: Option to disable Wanduck's constant DNS probing
for WAN state (Tools -> Other Settings)
- NEW: Allow disabling the use of DH, by entering
"none" in the DH field for OpenVPN server config.
- NEW: Added new Internet redirection mode to OpenVPN clients
called "Policy Rule (Strict)". The difference from the
existing "Policy Rule" mode is that in strict mode,
only rules that specifically target the tunnel's
interface will be used. This ensures that you don't
leak traffic through global or other tunnel routes,
however it also means any static route you might have
defined at the WAN level will not be copied either.
- CHANGED: Ovpn importer now recognizes the "port" and
- CHANGED: Ovpn importer now support a third argument for
the "remote" parameter, allowing to specify the
- CHANGED: Updated Tor to 0.2.9.10
- CHANGED: Updated nano to 2.8.1
- CHANGED: Updated OpenVPN to 2.4.2
- CHANGED: Updated LZ4 to 1.7.5 (used by OpenVPN)
- CHANGED: SSL certificate generated for httpds will now
contain SANs for hostname, router.asus.com, IP
and DDNS hostname.
- CHANGED: Make minidlna always use the same uuid, based on
the LAN MAC (original patch by john9527)
- CHANGED: Better feedback provided when an ovpn file upload
generates a problem due to a key/cert that's
not provided inline. Inform the user which of
these he will need to manually provide.
- CHANGED: Disable bridge multicast_snooping, as this should be
unnecessary, and it could interfere with EMF, UPNP and
other multicast applications. Can be re-enabled from
the Tools -> Other Settings page.
- REMOVED: The Virtual Server page no longer allows users to
edit existing port forwards (our existing code is
incompatible with Asus's newer webui code and will
need to be re-implemented.)
- FIXED: WOL page fails to load if adding a client with a
quote in its name.
- FIXED: Couldn't add a DHCP reservation client if its name
contained a quote.
- FIXED: New outbound connections weren't logged if firewall
logging was enabled.
- FIXED: OpenVPN server didn't always work properly in udp mode
when in a dual stack IPv4/IPv6 environment (backport
from GPL 382_9736)
- FIXED: When disabling NCP support in OpenVPN, the router
could still be trying to use it if the remote end
had it enabled.
- FIXED: Potential CVE-2016-10229 security issue in kernel
(unsure whether our kernel was vulnerable or not)
- FIXED: ovpn file import would fail to import auth hash or
cipher if they weren't uppercase.
- FIXED: Couldn't edit SMB permissions if the disk had
multiple partitions (Asus bug) (patch by
- FIXED: Exporting a client.ovpn file with no existing CA
could generate garbled output in the generated
- FIXED: Various LAN/WAN issues with the RT-AC3200 due to
incorrect GMAC state checks (Asus bug) (patch
- FIXED: Some models would sometime randomly fail to start one
of their wifi radio, possibly due to a hardware design
issue. Partly revert the 380.65 changes that removed
the automatic reboot if one radio was disabled at boot
time, but reduced the maximum number of reboots to 1.
- FIXED: CVE-2017-6549 (implemented temporary workaround,
until a proper fix from Asus)
- FIXED: CVE-2017-6548 (backport from GPL 7266)
- FIXED: WOL page fails to load if adding a client with a
quote in its name.
- FIXED: Couldn't add a DHCP reservation client if its name
contained a quote.
- NEW: Merged with parts of Asus GPL 380_4180, left out
most of it because of too many bugs in it.
- NEW: Upgraded to OpenVPN 2.4.0, and implemented support
for many of its new features:
* GCM ciphers
* LZ4 compression
* tls-crypt (uses the Static Key field)
* Cipher negotiation (NCP), with (optional)
fallback to legacy "cipher" parameter when
an OpenVPN 2.3 client connects to the
router's 2.4 server.
Please refer to the OpenVPN 2.4 documentation for
more info on these new features.
You will be warned if any server setting would
generate an exportable ovpn file that would be
incompatible with older clients.
Existing client config shouldn't need to be changed,
unless you modify the router's server configuration.
- NEW: Upgraded Busybox to 1.25.1 (patch by theMIROn)
- NEW: Added the following Busybox applets: ntpd, time, uniq,
xargs and getopt, for feature parity with John's fork.
- NEW: Option on Media Server page to enable minidlna's
built-in status web page. Default URL is
- NEW: Support for Vodafone R226 USB LTE (patch by
- NEW: New "update-notification" user script, that gets run
when a scheduled firmware check detects a new version
- CHANGED: Removed support for all RC ciphers on OpenVPN.
DES is staying for now, but should still be avoided
- CHANGED: Updated openssl to 1.0.2k
- CHANGED: Updated tor to 0.2.9.9 (0.2.9.x patch by blackfuel)
- CHANGED: Updated nano to 2.7.4.
- CHANGED: hosts file will now give a higher priority to the
user-configured hostname for the router ahead of
hardcoded ones (like router.asus.com).
- CHANGED: Create a system log entry if a new firmware
version is available.
- CHANGED: Display name and icon for clients configured on the
- CHANGED: Streamlined miniupnpd stop/start events during boot,
so there are fewer of them now.
- FIXED: Invalid DUID used when requesting an IPv6 prefix
for some of the newer router models, which would
prevent them from getting working IPv6 (Asus bug)
- FIXED: Network Service Firewall rules not applied
under certain configurations
- FIXED: Port triggering wasn't working if traffic had
been whitelisted by Network Service Firewall
- FIXED: Avahi wasn't rejecting connections from
secondary WAN interface
- FIXED: Sorting clients by connection time would incorrectly
treat 10 hours as shorter than 9 hours, as it was
handling it as a string (Asus bug)
- FIXED: Exported ovpn client file wouldn't use the
user-configured hostname when using DDNS custom mode.
- FIXED: Exported OpenVPN client config didn't work when
using static key authentication.
- FIXED: Exported OpenVPN client config wasn't editable with
Notepad, the default editor used by Windows's
- FIXED: OpenVPN was killed too quickly on disconnection,
causing issues when using explicit-exit-notify
(patch by john9527)
- FIXED: OpenVPN client/server instances weren't properly
restarted on a WAN restart (patch by john9527)
- FIXED: Some models (N66/AC66/AC5300) would reboot 3 times
if one of the radios was found disabled by the user
while booting (Asus bug).
- FIXED: Webui layout was broken under Chrome 56.
- FIXED: IPv6 client list failing to properly show hostnames
(regression in 64_1)
- FIXED: A few potential buffer overruns in httpd
- FIXED: Security issues in httpd (backport from GPL 4180 +
additional fixes of my own)
- NEW: New firmware availability notification. The router will
notify you if a new firmware is available, and will also
let you view the changelog before sending you to the
download page (the update process remains manual).
Note that the automated check will only report new
final releases. The Check button on the Firmware Upgrade
will immediately check for final releases or beta (if you
select that option), but not both at the same time.
- NEW: Added iptables MASK support on MIPS kernel (patch
- NEW: Webui warning shown in the notification area if running
low on free nvram.
- CHANGED: Updated nano to 2.7.1.
- CHANGED: Updated OpenVPN to 2.3.14.
- CHANGED: Updated curl to 7.51.0, resolving numerous security
and stability issues.
- CHANGED: Tor clients will now route other TCP ports than just
80/443, and drop UDP and ICMP traffic (patch by
- CHANGED: QoS Stats info will automatically refresh every
3 seconds (user-configurable)
- CHANGED: IPTraffic charts now show sorted slices, so the
clients with the least traffic will get grouped
under "Others" if truncating the list of shown
- CHANGED: Enabled IPv6 support in curl.
- CHANGED: Improved webui performance, by caching large static
life from 5 mins to 1 hour.
- CHANGED: No longer include Download Master packages in the
firmware for those models that still included them,
reducing firmware size by a few megabytes.
Those were always outdated, the router will download
the latest versions from Asus's servers at install
- CHANGED: Improved webui protection against CSS/XSS attacks
(backport from GPL 4164)
- FIXED: Web server crash if importing an ovpn file with an
invalid key or certificate (Asus bug)
- FIXED: App icon at the top wouldn't work on Firefox,
- FIXED: Firefox would sometime fail to display the client
list, reporting a JSON parsing error in the console.
- FIXED: HMAC setting not properly set when importing an ovpn
file for a config based on TLS authentication mode.
(backport from GPL 4164)
- CHANGED: Added detection for iPhone 7 models in networkmap
(patch by Andrei Coman).
- CHANGED: Enabled --dns-loop-detect support in dnsmasq
- CHANGED: Move Dual WAN static routes to a lower priority, so VPN
policy rules will have priority over them
- FIXED: Traditional QoS labels were off by one on the Stats page.
- FIXED: Adaptive QoS upload stats couldn't be retrieved because
qosd seems to be hardcoded to always set up classes on eth0
rather than on the real WAN interface.
- FIXED: USB driver was removed too early at shutdown time on the
RT-AC56U and RT-AC87U (fix by john9527)
- NEW: QoS Statistics page, showing the amount of traffic assigned to
each available classes, as well as the current throughput.
- NEW: Charts added to various Traffic Monitor pages.
Note that you can click on legend items to reveal/hide the
DL/UL data. Hovering over a bar or a pie slice will
display the exact value for that item.
- NEW: Added pc_delete() to the helper script (patch by john95287)
- NEW: IPv6 firewall now supports fixed interface ID (EUI64) ipv6
destination addresses (Patch by john9527)
- CHANGED: Updated Tor to 0.2.8.9
- CHANGED: Updated OUI database.
- CHANGED: ipset was updated to version 6.29 on ARM models.
IMPORTANT: this means you will probably need to
update your script to the new syntax. You need to
load the xt_set.ko module at the start of your script.
There has been no change to MIPS models, due to their
older kernel. (original code by Shibby and Victek,
Asuswrt port by john9527) (ARM only)
- CHANGED: OpenVPN policy rules now start at prio 10000 instead of 1000
- CHANGED: Added help popups to various settings that are unique to
- FIXED: Custom group/shadow/passwd weren't applied at boot time.
- FIXED: CVE-2016-5195 (Dirty COW) vulnerability in kernel
(patches by blackfuel and Joseph A. Yasi)
- FIXED: Network Service Filter rules would only apply to clients
under Parental Control if that was enabled (original
debugging by john9527) (Asus bug)
- FIXED: A few memory leaks in httpd and rc services.
- CHANGED: Updated OpenSSL to 1.0.2j
- NEW: Added nano 2.7.0 (user-friendly text editor)
Note that for space reasons, some of its features are disabled
for the RT-N66U and RT-AC66U. Entware users might want to
uninstall the Entware version if they had it installed and want
to use the built-in version instead.
- NEW: Option to toggle the display of passwords on the PPTPD and
OpenVPN server pages.
- NEW: Allow providing a vendor class on the WAN page (DHCP option 60)
- NEW: Add option to disable sending a RELEASE request when odhcp6c
exits, allowing you to retain your received prefix with some
- CHANGED: Updated nettle to 3.2 (used for dnssec) and increased
- CHANGED: Updated minidlna to 1.1.6
- CHANGED: Updated OpenVPN to 2.3.12
- CHANGED: Updated OpenSSL to 1.0.2i
- CHANGED: Revamped the Wireless Log page:
- Merged some columns to gain more horizontal space
- Longer hostname shown (truncated names are now
shown in a tooltip)
- Display clients' IPv6 if they have one
- CHANGED: Accept up to 250 characters for OpenVPN client's
username and password (one provider needs 64).
- CHANGED: Hide the WPA key on the Wireless config page, and only
reveal it when you click on the field to edit it.
- FIXED: OpenVPN client shouldn't display policy routing settings
when using a TAP interface.
- FIXED: DSL/ATM overhead setting was visible on MIPS models, which
don't support it.
- FIXED: Editing OpenVPN or PPTP users with any value longer than
32 chars could lead to corruption of the user list.
- FIXED: Custom config file for igmpproxy wasn't working.
- FIXED: After turning off a Guest network, the next visit to the
Wireless Settings page would show that guest network's settings
instead of the parent band settings (Asus bug)
- FIXED: Smart Connect rules didn't apply on the RT-AC88U (backported
fix from 380_3941).
- FIXED: Numerous memory leaks in the networkmap service. (Asus bug)
- FIXED: Potential buffer overrun in the networkmap service. (Asus bug)
- FIXED: Broken IPv6 connectivity if enabling SSH brute force
protection (only MIPS models were affected)
- FIXED: 5G LED would fail to turn back on when exiting stealth mode.
- FIXED: Only hostname was used as remote server in an exported
OpenVPN client config when using Namecheap DDNS.
- FIXED: Security vulnerability (XSS/CSR) in httpd (backported
fix from 380_4005).
- FIXED: Chrome would try to autofill some fields (such as on the
DDNS configuration page), which could be problematic.
- FIXED: IPTraffic database was no longer properly named after
the router's MAC address on the AC88/AC3100/AC5300.
If you recently enabled it, you will need to either
re-create a new database, or rename the existing
database from tomato_cstats_000000000000.gz to
tomato_cstats_XXXXXXXXXXXX.gz, where "XXXXXXXXXXXX" is
your MAC as found with "nvram get et2macaddr", in
lowercase (AC88/AC3100/AC5300 only).
Regular traffic monitoring (stored in
tomato_rstats_XXXXXXXXXXXX.gz) is fine.
- FIXED: Connected OpenVPN clients reporting as disconnected
on the status page following any wireless config change
- FIXED: OpenVPN server would report being "Initializing"
while it already was ready, following any
wireless config change (Asus bug)
- FIXED: Various stability issues with minidlna (reverted some
of Asus's customizations)
380.61 Beta 1 (31-July-2016)
- NEW: Merged with GPL 3831.
- CHANGED: updated dropbear to 2016.74.
- FIXED: Do not enforce b/g mode as "auto" if wireless mode
is also set to Auto.
[older history can be found within the distribution archive]